In this hands-on workshop we’ll take you step-by-step through Now See Hear, the magic teaching sequence that has worked with hundreds of students. By the end of the workshop you’ll have grappled with a bunch of teaching strategies and tricks that will help you implement a digital storytelling project with your students.
Participants will be provided with:
• information about digital stories;
• teaching strategies for the integration of ICT;
• a model for planning and delivering digital storytelling projects in the classroom.
The Now See Hear teaching sequence is flexible and adaptable to the needs of students from diverse linguistic, cultural, religious and socio-economic backgrounds, providing teachers with the opportunity to:
• incorporate differentiated teaching strategies;
• promote critical thinking, creative thinking and collaboration in the classroom;
• engage students with various modes of storytelling - visual, written and oral.
An iPad with the iMovie app is required to complete this workshop. We will run this workshop at Story Factory in Redfern and Parramatta during each of the school holidays in 2019.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about dates and book your place. Spaces $200 (plus GST).
(4 hours of QTC Registered PD addressing 1.2.2;1.5.2; 2.4.2; 3.7.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.)